June is National Indigenous History Month
June is National Indigenous History Month. First Light recognizes and celebrates Indigenous culture & history every day, but here are some ways you can do that yourself:
- Our Indigenous Cultural Diversity Training is a significant first step to learning about our province’s Indigenous groups, cultures, and histories. We offer a variety of sessions in both in-person and online formats.
- Acknowledging the territory where you live and work is a demonstration of respect for Indigenous Peoples and our past & present contributions to the province.
- There are so many fantastic Indigenous businesses and artists that deserve support all year round. On our Instagram throughout June, you’ll find our “Monday Must Haves” – highlighting our staff’s favourite products & artists. We’ll also be holding a giveaway you won’t want to miss out on, so make sure you’re following us!
- If you’re looking for some new Indigenous musicians to support, look no further than our Spirit Song Festival playlist – featuring artists that have joined us throughout the years.
- Donations help us fulfill our mission of providing programs & services rooted in the revitalization, strengthening and celebration of Indigenous cultures and languages in the spirit of trust, respect, and friendship.
- National Indigenous Peoples Day (NIPD) is coming up on June 21st. Join us for our in-person celebrations this year at the Techniplex – more details coming soon! You don’t need to wait until June 21st to join us, you can register now for our June programs. All programs are free, and we can’t wait to see you there!