Position: Training Coordinator
Reporting to: Manager of Social Enterprises
Location: First Light
First Light delivers high-quality Indigenous Cultural Diversity Training to a wide variety of sectors in various formats. The Training Coordinator is responsible for the development, delivery, marketing, and expansion of this program. This includes content design, building training materials, negotiating contracts, seeking new business opportunities, and delivering content as required.
This role requires strong planning, facilitation, and training skills as well as a deep understanding and knowledge of Indigenous culture.
Core Skill Set
- Public Speaking
- Customer Service
- Billing & Administration
- Business Planning
- Manage the facilitation of Indigenous Cultural Diversity Training to expand the knowledge base of participants in an effort to improve their understanding of Indigenous cultures in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Supervise and support team facilitators and ensure consistency in material delivery and training evaluation.
- Respond to inquiries and organize training as requested to facilitate the successful delivery of sessions both on and off-site.
- Market Indigenous Cultural Diversity Training to increase awareness of the program and maximize participation.
- Evaluate all training sessions to ensure efficacy, and revise content accordingly to ensure content and delivery remain effective.
- Administer contracts and tailor training contentfinding the intersection between cost, value, quality, and impact. Ensuring the exceptional delivery of service to client groups.
- Evaluate & update training content and activities on a regular basis, ensuring content is up to date, relevant, and impactful.
- Work as a liaison on behalf of First Light by being familiar with all programs and services to ensure consistent communication to partners about projects and programs. First Light encourages the appropriate formation of partnerships.
- Represent First Light on appropriate committees.
- Report regularly on key metrics and business performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Expand the current training programto meet the needs of partner organizations & community members.
- Coordination of monthly lunch-and-learn professional development sessions for First Light staff including the development, coordination, and/or facilitation of training sessions based on request and need of current staff.
- Actively seek out new funding opportunitiesto assist in the expansion of the training program.
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 3-5 years in a similar role
- Formal training in Adult Education or equivalent experience
- Exceptional facilitation, content development, and delivery skills
- Deep knowledge of Indigenous culture
- Diploma and/or degree preferred
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]