Position: Training Coordinator
Reporting to: Director of Business Operations
Location: First Light
First Light delivers high-quality Indigenous Cultural Diversity Training to a wide variety of sectors in various formats. The Training Coordinator is responsible for the development, delivery, marketing, and expansion of this program. This includes content design, building training materials, negotiating contracts, seeking new business opportunities, and delivering content as required.
This role requires strong planning, facilitation and training skills as well as a deep understanding and knowledge of Indigenous culture.
Core Skill Set
- Public Speaking
- Customer Service
- Billing & Administration
- Business Planning
- Facilitate Indigenous Cultural Diversity Training to expand the knowledge base of participants in an effort to improve their understanding of Indigenous cultures in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Respond to inquiries and organize training as requested to facilitate the successful delivery of sessions both on and off-site.
- Market Indigenous Cultural Diversity Training to increase awareness of the program and maximize participation.
- Evaluate all training sessions to ensure efficacy, and revise content accordingly to ensure content and delivery remain effective.
- Administer contracts and tailor training content finding the intersection between cost, value, quality and impact and ensuring the exceptional delivery of service to client groups.
- Work as a liaison on behalf of First Light, and be familiar with all programs and services to ensure consistent communication to partners about projects and programs and encourage the appropriate formation of partnerships.
- Represent First Light on appropriate committees.
- Report regularly on key metrics and business performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Expand current training program to meet the needs of partner organizations & community members.
- Coordination of monthly lunch-and-learn professional development sessions for First Light staff including the development, coordination and/or facilitation of training sessions based on request and need of current staff.
- Actively seek out new funding opportunitiesto assist in the expansion of the training program.
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 3-5 years in a similar role
- Formal training in Adult Education or equivalent experience
- Exceptional facilitation, content development and delivery skills
- Deep knowledge of Indigenous culture
- Diploma and/or degree preferred
Please apply by sending resume and cover letter to:
Heidi Dixon – Business Development Coordinator