Position: Medical Transportation Driver
Department: Business Operations
Reporting to: Coordinator of Guest Services
Location: 36 Quidi Vidi Road
First Light is a community based, not for profit organization whose mission is to serve the urban Indigenous population, while providing a range of services that are open to all, regardless of heritage.
The Medical Transportation Program operates a social enterprise, providing transportation services to Indigenous medical clients who have traveled to St. John’s for medical appointments. The program works closely with the organization’s Patient Navigator program to provide the highest quality navigation services.
Core Skill Set
- Excellent customer service
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving
- Detail oriented
- Scheduling and time management
- Demonstrate the highest level of customer service when interacting with passengers, being respectful of their needs, listening for requests related to future rides and communicating those to dispatch.
- Inspect the vehicle daily to ensure it is in optimal condition while reporting any damage or maintenance required in a timely manner.
- Operate First Light vehicle(s) in a safe manner at all timesobeying all traffic regulations including cell phone use when using the vehicle.
- Operate First Light vehicle(s) in a cost effective manner, including choosing the route that is most efficient when transporting passengers.
- Ensure passenger safety when entering and exiting the van, including assisting passengers with loading and unloading luggage, wheelchairs, etc.
- Communicate effectively with passengers, providing information on routes, schedules, and stops.
- Report delays, mechanical problems, and accidents to the dispatcher.
- Ensure the van interior and exterior is kept in a clean manner.
- Ride requests that are outside of the ordinary scope of the medical transportation program must be approved by the dispatcher.
- You are entitled to a 30 minute paid lunch break, which will be assigned daily by the dispatcher. If you require a specific time to break or will need an extended lunch (unpaid) this must be approved by the Coordinator of Guest Services
- All overtime and annual leave must be approved by the Coordinator of Guest Services
- Any spending must be approved by the Coordinator of Guest Services
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class 4 Drivers license will be required (can be completed during orientation)
- Ability to work shifts, weekends and holidays as required.
- Must provide a criminal record and vulnerable sector check.
- Strong communicational and organizational skills.
- Prior experience in the transportation field would be an asset
How to Apply
Please send your resume to [email protected].