Position: Manager, Social Enterprise
Reporting to: Director of Business Ops & Social Enterprise
Direct Report(s): Training Coordinator, Transportation Coordinator, Performance Centre Coordinator, Day Care Coordinator
Location: First Light Headquarters
The Manager of Social Enterprise will contribute to First Light’s strategic plan through a social enterprise lens by leading the market analysis, business viability, and go-to-market plan of all new social enterprise initiatives.
Reporting to the Director of Business Ops & Social Enterprise, the Manager of Social Enterprise will manage the full business cycle from business case, go-to-market strategy, operations, to ongoing evaluation and scale. While overseeing all social enterprise initiatives at a high level, the Manager of Social Enterprise will ensure adherence of the organization to required policies and regulations. The Manager of Social Enterprise will also coach and manage the Training Coordinator, Transportation Coordinator, Performance Centre Coordinator, and Day Care Coordinator.
This role is ideal for a highly motivated leader who is organized, tech savvy, strategic, and possess excellent communication skills.
Core Skill Set
- Strategic Mindset
- Project Management
- Oversee all new and existing social enterprise programs including managing the full business cycle from business case, go-to-market strategy, operations, to ongoing evaluation and scale; work with Senior Leadership as needed
- Actively engage with the organization’s strategic plan by implementing the appropriate goals through a social enterprise lens
- Establish and maintain business plans for each Social Enterprise to ensure they are up to date and reflective of the current operation; create new plans when required
- Develop a clear go-to-market and operational plan for each new Social Enterprise Initiative being responsible for the full lifecycle from launch to operations
- Assist in development of annual budgets for each Social Enterprise Initiative and conduct quarterly financial reviews for each enterprise while ensuring financial sustainability
- Monitor and adjust operational plans for each social enterprise and collaborate with the Business Ops team where opportunities to improve efficiency exist
- Develop and maintain an Impact Measurement Framework for all Social Enterprises that reflect best practices in the sector
- Report regularly on key metrics and business performance and provide recommendations for improvement
- Produce an annual impact report which reflects the social and economic impact of First Light Social Enterprises in the community
- Develop and/or maintain marketing plans for all social enterprises, holding all coordinators accountable to marketing and communication brand standards
- Actively seek funding opportunities that support specific initiatives within the organization that advance the mission of the department
- Manage, empower, and mentor social enterprise coordinators, assigning tasks as required, ensuring all job-related functions are performed, and providing coaching and feedback on performance
- Work with Human Resources to recruit and onboard personnel to the Social Enterprise team as needed
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in public or business administration, social work, humanities, or a related field
- Strong verbal and written communication, strategic planning, and project management skills
- 1-2 years of experience coaching and mentoring teams
- Comfortable working across multiple departments
- Ability to compromise with competing priorities
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Experience in a high-growth business, or attraction to work that way, is a significant asset
- Experience in marketing or a marketing-driven business is an asset
Working at First Light
This is a full-time role with salary, comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision, etc.), and vacation, working from St. Johns, NL. There may be infrequent travel to other office locations for meetings and you may be required to work extended hours occasionally to meet deadlines.
We value and invest in professional development, and as a high-growth company, offer significant opportunities to learn new skills, participate in new business initiatives, and grow your influence and role in the company over time.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter outlining your interest in and qualifications for the position as well as your resume to [email protected]