Position: Lunar Inn Guest Services Attendant
Department: Business Operations
Reporting to: Coordinator of Guest Services (Medical)
Location: 36 Quidi Vidi Road – Lunar Inn
First Light is a registered non-profit organization that serves the urban Indigenous and non-Indigenous community alike by providing programs and services rooted in the revitalization, strengthening and celebration of Indigenous cultures and languages in the spirit of trust, respect, and friendship. The Department of Business Operations works to enhance economic sustainability by fostering innovation and social entrepreneurship, while developing and implementing effective operating systems that are applicable to the organization.
The Lunar Inn provides guests and their families a private pocket of home while they are in the city for medical purposes, with quick access to transportation and services at First Light, making their stay as comfortable as possible.
The Lunar Inn Guest Services Attendant will be responsible for providing evening, overnight and weekend support, related to medical transportation and the Lunar Inn. This includes managing guest reservations, providing rides to approved clients, and housekeeping while demonstrating the highest level of customer service.
Core Skill Set
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Oral & written communication
- Problem solving
- Respond to requests regarding transportation, confirming pick up information, providing and dispatching rides for approved clients as necessary.
- Transport passengers between accommodations and healthcare facilities in an efficient manner, safely operating First Light vehicles while obeying traffic regulations and completing safety inspections as required.
- Demonstrate the highest level of customer service when interacting with clients, responding to guest needs and requests, addressing concerns and recording information using processes set out by the team.
- Process guest arrivals and departures, managing and modifying reservations, assigning rooms and registering guests.
- Answer calls and greet guests in a friendly manner, providing information on guest services, amenities, and general interest points in the area.
- Light housekeeping and cleaning duties, including keeping the front desk, coffee stations, and high traffic areas neat and sanitized.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Must provide a criminal record and vulnerable sector check
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Slack would be considered an asset
- Deep knowledge of Indigenous culture
- Exceptional coordination and time management skills
- Class 4 Drivers License (can be completed on the job)
Deadline to Apply:
August 5th, 2022 at 4 pm
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter outlining your interest in and qualifications for the position, along with your resume to:
First Light: St. John’s Friendship Centre