Position: Executive Assistant
Reporting to: Executive Director
Direct Report(s): Not applicable
Location: First Light Headquarters
General accountabilities include operation of the Executive Director’s schedule, meetings, event planning, presentation preparation, executive note taking, and contribution to warm and productive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is required, especially when dealing with correspondence, business strategy and people management.
This role is an essential support to the Senior Leadership Team, enabling First Light’s leaders to focus on strategic business growth. Primary responsibility is executive and program support to the Executive Director and general executive support to the Senior Leadership Team.
Secondary responsibilities include general administrative management of Head Office, document management, organization of office activities (as required), and the adherence of the organization to required policies and regulations.
This role is ideal for an individual who takes initiative; doesn’t wait for instructions before acting on an opportunity. They know how to take care of their executives, and they go home at the end of the day knowing the major significance of their contribution.
Core Skill Set
- Strategic Mindset
- Time Management
- Coordinate and prioritize daily activities of the Executive Director, and as required the CEO including managing and owning calendars and schedules and arranging travel planning
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of Senior Leadership meetings and reporting including note taking, tracking deliverables, following-up on action items and preparing PowerPoint presentations for executive level business reporting, strategic planning, external communication
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of the strategic planning process working closely with the Executive Director
- Manage materials and documents including filing, tracking and updating binders, files, and worksheets, and preparing/briefing the executive team with relevant materials
- Plan and coordinate company events including project support, logistics, setup and coordination with outside vendors and internal team members
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations
- A seasoned executive assistant
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in a high-growth business, or attraction to work that way, is a significant asset
- Experience in marketing or a marketing-driven business is an asset
- Post-secondary education is an asset
Working at First Light
This is a full-time role with salary, comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision, etc.), and vacation, working from St. Johns, NL. There may be infrequent travel to other office locations for meetings and you may be required to work extended hours occasionally to meet deadlines.
We value and invest in professional development, and as a high-growth company, offer significant opportunities to learn new skills, participate in new business initiatives, and grow your influence and role in the company over time.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send the following to [email protected]
- Cover letter outlining your interest in and qualifications for the position
- Writing sample